1. Pixi Glow Tonic ($29.00)* - This stuff. What can I tell you? When it was first released, everyone raved about it. Raved about it so much that it was sold out ALL THE TIME. For some reason, in my head I thought it was so overhyped there was no way it was really that good. Wasn't it just another toner? Well, I was wrong! I used this for all of June. My skin was clearer, the little bumps on my head went away, my breakouts diminished and my skin did have a glow from the constant-yet-gentle exfoliation. Then came July, and more skin care to sample. I set my beloved Pixi Glow Tonic aside. And my skin was not happy. The little white bumps reappeared on my forehead. Clogged pores galore on my nose and chin, and my skin had a general lackluster appearance. It took me awhile to realize it was the Glow Tonic that my skin was missing, and I started using it again a few weeks ago and my skin is almost back to where I want it to be! Pixi Glow Tonic is currently in stock on Pixi's website, but it does sell out, so snatch one (or two) up while you can! I just ordered a backup!
2. IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness ($32.00) - I picked this color correcting cream up on a whim and ULTA sometime in June. This comes in one universal shade and looks like foundation in a pot. I thought it would be much too dark for me, but the IT Cosmetics artist showed me to just use a tiny amount where I need it - around my nose, anywhere I have sun damage, on the melasma around my mouth and on a few broken capillaries on my cheeks. Because it contains silicone I do not apply it anywhere I would normally break out, and I don't wear it every day - just when I want my skin to look extra good.
3. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette ($58.00) - I feel like I was the last person on the planet to pick this up. Now, I can't go a day without using at least one shade from this palette. In fact, in the look below I used ONLY the Ambient Lighting Palette and Bye Bye Redness - no foundation. I applied Dim Light all over very lightly to give my skin a more even appearance, Radiant Light in place of a blush/bronzer and Incandescent Light to highlight on my cheekbones, center of my forehead and down my nose. Now that I own the Ambient Light Palette, I want more Ambient Lighting Powders! I'm trying to hold off until Sephora's F&F event... and hope that they will release an Ambient Lighting Palette 2.0. Wouldn't that be awesome?
4. Mally Crimson Lip Lacquer from the Ultimate Lip Performance System ($25.00) - I found this years and years ago at a sample sale and forgot I owned it until yesterday, when I was trying to find a red lipstick to wear with the look I created with the Urban Decay Pulp Fiction Palette. None of the reds I found were right (and to be honest, I own less than 5 red lipsticks) until I found this Lip Lacquer. Perfection... And completely out of my comfort zone!
No Foundation Look with Bold Lips:
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Tube - Original
- CoverGirl LashBlast Waterproof Volume Mascara
- Urban Decay Pulp FictionTM Palette
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness Correcting Creme
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
- Mally Beauty Ultimate Performance Lip System
Have you discovered any new favorites this week?Disclosures: polish insomniac at times reviews products provided by a representative of the company. When we do so, we specifically state so. We also use affiliate links. For more, please see the disclosure page.
*Pixi Glow Tonic provided for review. All other products purchased by me.