I posted this on twitter last night to my friend G of Nouveau Cheap. She loved my first syrup mani and even recreated her own! She did a ton of research too, which I thought was really cool. (Click here to see!)
I was going to just do a regular mani with Orly's It's Not Rocket Science, but when I did the first layer and saw how sheer it was, I wondered how it would work as syrup nails! As G pointed out in her post, what works for one polish does not work on another, so I did not follow the same steps as last time. And remember, the number of layers may sound like a lot, but the second layer is only a few centimeters long!
- Step One - Thin layer, entire nail (I actually skipped base coat, in my experience the Orly Cosmix do not stain my nails)
- Step Two - Thin layer, bottom tip of nails. My nails are rather short ATM, so your on layers may differ in size!
- Step Three - Thin layer, just above Step Two
- Step Four and Step Five - repeat Step Three, higher up on the nail each time.
- Step 6, of course, would be top coat. Again I used Seche Vite, for its ability to dry so many layers quickly.
The best thing about this mani? I did it in about 15 mins. Unlike the polish I used before, I knew the Orly Cosmix dry rather quickly and I didn't have to wait in between layers.
I hope you liked my Swamp Nails!