Don't know what a Link Party is? A linky party is when a blogger uses a widget to allow others to post content on their blog. (The widget I use is through Linky Tools, a paid subscription service.) A person participating in a linky party usually leaves a link back to a specific post in their blog, and often an image. It can be a great way to promote your blog. In return, the linky party hostess often asks for some kind of recognition, often in the form of a link back (Source).
How to get started:
- The link you submit must be for a specific post, not your whole blog. (To find the http address to a specific post, just click on the Title of your post.)
- You can link as many posts as you would like, old or new! Just make sure they fit the theme
- Giveaway posts (that fit the theme) are welcome. Be sure to include your end date in your link description!
- Add my button or a text link to the bottom of each post that you link to my blog (look at my EXAMPLE ENTRY #2 for an idea of how to do this)
- Click on "Click here to Enter" and follow the simple instructions.
- Use the Share Buttons at the bottom of this page (Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, etc) to share this Link Party with as many friends as possible! The more people you tell about the Link Party, the more entries we will have!
- NEW - you can "like" posts that have been submitted to the Link Party!