I was recently given the chance to review another subscription box, Beauty Box Five. However, I was very underwhelmed and almost didn’t write this review. However, you deserve to hear both good and bad reviews, so here it is:
Included in my box I found:
- Blinc Mascara sample
- Curls Gel-lecs styling product
- Spongeables Pedi-Scrub Foot Buffer
- Bodyography Makeup Primer
What They Say:
Once a month, we deliver a Beauty Box with four or five handpicked samples directly to your doorstep. Your Beauty Box will contain items like makeup, skin care products, hair care products, fragrances and a few other surprises!
What I Say:
There are so many things that bothered me about this box.
- Beauty Box Five. Not Beauty Box Four. I kept looking around thinking I was missing one of the samples. I cannot tell you how much this bothered me. It still upsets me as I write this. I don’t know why I am affected so strongly by this, but I am.
- While the box was very cute, the white bag that the products were in was tied so tight I had to cut it open.
- The products themselves were lacking. No color cosmetics, unless you count the Blinc mascara. Which I already own and love so it wasn’t “new and exciting to me.” The pedi sponge is kinda cute, but I don’t need it so I gave it to my husband. The makeup primer is silicone based. I feel that the market is saturated with makeup primers and I don’t need another one. Last but not least the hair product is part of a two step process… but we received one step. Why not include the other step… then you would have FIVE products!
Based on this box, I will not be signing up for Beauty Box Five. However, if you thought the contents were much more interesting than I did, you can sign up at www.beautybox5.com (not an affiliate link). They do offer three different subscription offers: $12/month, $30/3 months or $100/12 months.