Hello, and happy Monday! Does it feel like fall where you live? The weather here in Iowa can’t make up it’s mind, mostly it just rains! To get you in the mood for Fall, the members of Makeup Wars are sharing their best Fall Shade for Lips and Tips with you today!
Up first, here are 10 lip colors I will be wearing this fall!
- Rimmel Nude Eclipse* – I'm so glad I won this from Rimmel, because I tried two shades when the Show Off line debuted in the US that I didn't like! This one will be perfect with a smoky eye.
- Cate McNabb Guava* – This new to me, cruelty-free brand's lipstick is made with shea butter, olive oil, jojoba oil, and sunflower oil. It's a shade outside my comfort zone I'm eager to try!
- Pur Minerals Honey Pie* – I love these "chubby stick" inspired lip balms! Honey Pie is a great MLBB shade for me, and the size is perfect for my pocket while at work.
- Bodyography Praline* – If you didn't know, the 90’s! This brown shade is exactly something I would have worn in Eigth Grade, and now I have a grown-up version!
- Pur Minerals Daredevil* – This shade is perfect for when you feel like a bright-yet-sheer red that's easy to wear.
- Serenity+Scott Serenity – This is a lipstick that feels like a balm. I love the mauve shimmer and the fact that it smells exactly like a Dr Pepper Lipsmaker!
- bareMinerals Speak Your Mind – My first Moxie lipstick! I received this in a GWP, and it's my new favorite rose shade.
- Bodyography Havana* – Another shade that's "very Jessika" according to my husband. It's just a few shades more rosy than my natural lip color.
- CoverGirl Jam Twist – Another chubby stick inspired line with a hint of mint, Jam Twist is the perfect berry for fall.
- NYX Devil’s Food Cake – Though it looks dark in the tube, this Butter Gloss sheers out to a gorgeous wine stain.
Up next, polishes! My go-to polishes for Fall aren't your typical fall shades. I do have a few red shimmers that I love, but this year I'm also reaching for a lot of cooler cremes. Some of my picks are new for 2014, while others are old favorites.
- Bodyography Happy Go Lucky*
- NYC New York Color Rule the City*
- OPI Midnight in Moscow
- OPI Muir Muir on the Wall*
- OPI Every Month is Oktoberfest*
- Morgan Taylor If Looks Could Thrill*
- China Glaze History of the World*
- China Glaze Release*
- Essie Smokin' Hot
- Essie Merino Cool
|How pretty are those shimmers?|
What shades are you wearing this fall?
Disclosures: polish insomniac at times reviews products provided by a representative of the company. When we do so, we specifically state so. We also use affiliate links. For more, please see the disclosure page.