I am so excited for this week’s Makeup Wars topic – our Must Have Eyeshadow Palettes. I love eyeshadow palettes! I have been collection palettes for as long as I can remember. I try not to buy every single one that comes out, but sometimes when I look at how many I own, it feels like I do! (Though I still don’t own the LORAC Pro or Pro II Palette… but I do own the Pocket Pro and the Pro To Go Collection!)
I am breaking this post down into three parts:
- My favorite “tried and true” palettes
- Palettes on my Holiday Wish List
- Swatches the IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Celebration Palette and the Tarte Away Oui Go Palette and Collector’s Set
- Urban Decay Naked Palette • $54.00
- Urban Decay Naked2 • $54.00 – My favorite of the three!
- Urban Decay Naked3 • $54.00
- Urban Decay Naked Basics • $29.00 – Still my number one go-to palette!
- Urban Decay Naked2 Basics • $29.00
- Urban Decay PULP FICTION Palette • $34.00 - This palette is actually limited edition, and it’s ON SALE for only $16.00! See my review.
- Too Faced Boudoir Eyes • $36.00 – This has been on my favorites list multiple times!
- Too Faced Cat Eyes Palette • $36.00 – One of my favorite Makeup Wars from this year was when we all used this palette!
- Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eye Palette • $49.00 – The smell makes me happy every time I use it!
- It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Vol 1 • $42.00
- Lorac Pocket PRO Palette • $15.00 – I am sure these three shades would have been my most used if I actually owned the Pro Palette!
- Too Faced Sugar & Spice • $39.00
- Too Faced La Belle Carousel • $49.00
- Too Faced Everything Nice Set • $56.00
- Bobbi Brown 'Cool' Eyeshadow Palette • $48.50
- Laura Mercier Artist's Palette For Eyes & Cheeks • $58.00
- Bobbi Brown Deluxe Eye & Lip Palette • $80.00
- Chantecaille '15 Year Anniversary' Eyeshadow Trio • $68.00
- Smashbox Master Class Palette III – Color & Contour • $65.00
- Laura Mercier Into The Wild Book Collection • $125.00
- Tarte Bon Voyage Collector's Set And Travel Bag • $59.00
I have two Holiday 2014 palettes to share with you today. I picked up the ULTA Exclusive IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Celebration palette the second I got the email from ULTA informing me about it. I had no idea it was coming out, but I knew I would love the cooler tones. I really love the original, but always wished it had more cool shades… and my wish has been granted!
The packaging is so pretty… much improved over the previous pepto pink fuzziness of the original Naturally Pretty Palette.
For those of you who like to brighten up your mattes with a bit of shimmer will be happy to see that the Transforming shade is still there… and this time it shifts from a shell pink to a radiant gold! Let’s check out the swatches:
I have nothing bad to say about this palette! The Transforming Ombre Radiance Ribbon is amazing. I have been reaching for the shade on the left, but if I need to warm up a look I can reach for the gold instead! Really, all I can say is BUY THIS PALETTE!
The second Holiday 2014 palette I have to share with you is the ULTA Exclusive Tarte Away Oui Go Collector’s Set and Portable Palette, which I was lucky enough to have sent to me. I buy Tarte’s holiday sets every year, but I have never purchased any with the swappable travel palettes! The Collector’s Box is well constructed and gorgeous. The bottom of the box is magnetic, as is the bottom of the tiffany blue quilted travel palette. Inside the set are 4 travel palettes. Each palette includes one blush and four shadows. The set also includes three deluxe Maracuja Lip Glosses: Paris (raspberry), Cannes (light pink), Nice (nude mauve) and a travel size Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara.
Swatches of the travel palettes:
Envisioned (blush), Macarons for You Champagne & Chocolat, Kisses Under the Arc, Art in Montmartre
Irresistible (blush), Private Chateau, Cafe for Creme Brulee, Tea for Two, Marvel at the Mona Lisa
Limitless (blush), Champs-Elysees Shopping, Stargazing on the Seine, Eiffel Tower Engagement, Secret Soiree
Intrigue (blush), Snow Angels in the Parc, Navigating the Metro, Midnight Stroll, Liaison at the Lourve
I was incredibly blown away by the eye and cheek palettes! The shadows seem more pigmented than the shadows in previous holiday sets, and the blushes were pigmented and soft (in a good way). Even though I have a vast Tarte blush collection (I own 5 full size, 5 mini’s, and last year’s blush palette) I didn’t find a single dupe or repeat! If you buy only one holiday set this year, make sure it’s the Tarte Away Oui Go Collector’s Set and Portable Palette!
Have you picked up any holiday eyeshadow palettes yet? If not, which one are you most excited about? Let me know in the comments, and be sure to check out the rest of the Makeup Wars posts below!
Disclosures: polish insomniac at times reviews products provided by a representative of the company. When we do so, we specifically state so. We also use affiliate links. For more, please see the disclosure page.