This week the bloggers behind Makeup Wars are sharing our favorite shadows we reach for when we only have time to use one color! I love to use these kinds of shadows in the summer, especially with a brightly colored eyeliner! This time of year I reach for a black liquid liner or a smudgy pencil liner to define my eyes.
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow - Verve • $18.00
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow - Sin • $18.00
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow - Virgin • $18.00
- M·A·C Eye Shadow - Woodwinked • $16.00
- M·A·C Eye Shadow - Retrospeck • $16.00
- M·A·C Eye Shadow - Jest • $16.00
- Stila Eye Shadow - Wheat • $18.00
- Stila Eye Shadow - Kitten • $18.00
- NARS Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow - Callisto • $29.00* (swatch)
- NARS Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow -Dione • $29.00 (swatch)*
I am sad to say that when I tried to replace my dearly beloved Stila Wheat, I found the formula had changed. My original Stila Wheat was part of the Stila Kitten Summer Palette. When I ordered it’s replacement, I found it was much, much more gold!
*Provided for review – I received one of the Nars shadows when I attended TMS Chicago. I haven’t worn them since last summer, so finding them when I was shopping my stash for this post was fun! I can’t wait to wear Callisto and Dione again – and now I am super excited for the new NARSissist Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow Palette AND the Dual-Intensity Blush Palette to come out!
What's your favorite shadow for an all over wash of color? Let me know in the comments, and be sure to check out the rest of the Makeup Wars posts below!
Disclosures: polish insomniac at times reviews products provided by a representative of the company. When we do so, we specifically state so. We also use affiliate links. For more, please see the disclosure page.